EXCERPTS FROM THE STATUTES OF THE BULGARIAN ASSOCIATION OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING AND ELECTRONICS (BASSEL)
- Members of BASSEL can be commercial companies, sole merchants and other juridical persons, whose objectives and tasks don't contradict those of the Association;
- The members are entitled to:
" attend the meetings of the General Assembly;
" elect and their representatives to be elected to the managing and control bodies;
" submit for discussion and ask for support on problems, related to realization of their business activities and labor relations;
" be currently informed about the activities of the Association and to receive any other information of assistance to their activities.
- The members are obliged to:
" observe the Statutes, the resolutions of the General Assembly and the decisions of the Board of Managers;
" support financially and with properties the activities of the Association and to pay off regularly their membership fees in terms and amounts defined by the General Assembly;
" not to misuse in any way the Association for purposes, contradicting the Statutes and professional ethics.
- Governing bodies of BASSEL are:
" The General Assembly
" The Board of Managers
" The President-Elect
" The Board of Control.
- The meetings of the General Assembly are regular and extraordinary:
" The regular meetings are called at the end of the calendar year by the Board of Managers or by the President-Elect with an appointed agenda and by written invitation.
" The extraordinary meetings are called by the Board of Managers or by the President-Elect or following a motivated request of one tenth of the members of the Association .
- In the General assembly each member has only one vote. Decisions are taken with simple majority of the members present. For changes in the Statutes and for closure of the Association , a majority of two-thirds of the members present is required;
- The General Assembly takes decisions on all main issues related to the activities of the Association;
- The Board of Managers is the executive body of BASSEL. It organizes and conducts the activities according to the endorsed by the General Assembly annual and perspective objects and to the fulfillment of its main tasks in the period between the meetings of the General Assembly. The Board of Managers is called at least once quarterly by written notice of the President-Elect of the Association;
- The Board of Managers elects from its body a President for a five years term. The election is with simple majority;
- The Board of Control consists of three members and is elected by the General Assembly with simple majority for a five years term;
- The elective bodies of the Association work on public principles;
- The income of the Association is provided by:
- Membership fees
- Interests on deposits
- Donations by local or foreign persons and grants from the state budget.